IT show is back. This time they had shift location to Marina Bay Sands(MBS), level 1 and B1, 12pm to 9pm for 4 days 7 – 10 march. There is even a shuttle service cater for public to board at Marina Square shopping mall taxi stand to and for Marina Bay Sands. Check out the link below, they will update the brochures & flyers list. (more…)
Saw this video in youtube/facebook. The video talks about what coding is. It gives you an extra “superpower” to change the way it is in a proper manners but in a simple yet complicated program. What do you think about coding now?
Everybody in this country* should learn how to program a computer… because it teaches you how to think. – Steve Jobs
You guys might have notice some candy cane floating inside “Settings>About Device> Android version” for certain phone/tablet. The candy cane will appear occasionally so try your lucky. Will the next firmware name after Candy Cane?
Android version: ice cream sandwich & Jelly Bean
© 2012 J2meePok.com/Steven Teo
I had join the Panasonic & OMY.SG photography workshop “Photos make your blogs go POP!” at Albert Court Village Hotel. First time play with Panasonic system as I had played with Nikon, Canon and Alpha camera before. Bloggers, Jerome Lim and Christine Ng, are sharing their experience on how to make your content go “POP”. All photos is taken by me using a Panasonic GF5 as it is T-loan for us to try out and there is a photo walk along Little India. This small GF5 is (more…)
Saw the article by TODAYonline on http://blogs.todayonline.com/videosoftheday/2012/04/09/1582/ yesterday. My first recall is the Nokia Lumia live at London last year. They(Nokia) created the huge 4D projection on a building. It was stunning and fabulous. They even had the “Behind the scene” video.
Now back to Singapore, below is the project comissioned by People’s Association Singapore for the Passion Arts initiative. First of the kind in Singapore on a HDB building. Such large-scale project requires a lot of permits and the residents co-operation too.
Youtube :: Nokia Lumia Live ft deadmau5 lights up London with amazing 4D projection
Vimeo :: PASSION ARTS PROJECTION MAPPING
blogs.todayonline.com :: Passion, projected by by Hedirman Supian
Received the notice about the launch of HTC ONE X but was too late to apply. So I had to attend the public preview in the afternoon. Walk around the small hall and playing with the new HTC ONE X at various booth. The specification and the texture attracts me especially the camera & sound quality produced by a 4.7″ phone. As I’m a hobbyist photographer & loves to listen to music.
Standing at the back of the crowd while waiting for the speaker to talk about the HTC ONE X. Quite a number of new features by the new phone. And I’m in a dilemma to choose which phone to get as my contract with my mobile green provider ending soon.
IT Show 2012 is back once more.
8 – 11 March 2012
12noon to 9pm
The previously hot sale of Ext. HDD is selling slow due to last year Thailand flood and most of the HDD products are make in Thailand.
I was one of the promoter from a certain ‘E’ brand of networking system.
Day 1 (aka research day):
Most consumers came to have a look look see see attitude and to collect brochures. Especially thumbdrive, microSD & ext. harddisk.
Day 2 (warm-up):
Being transfer to another retailer store, ‘B.G.’. Had to take care of a newcomer. Wait!! I also newcomer for 1 day only. Stand long hours, give brochures, give talks but my eyes keep looking at the OTO massage chair. *I need massage. Leg, hand & back* Sales came back after 4pm. Good good! But the commission only two% :’(
Day 3 (Fighting!):
Today had been transfer to another store, ‘N.S.’. Help chiong their sales but too many people not sure about this brand of product. But there is still sales on this day.
Day 4 (The End):
The last day of IT Show where many people will come in to find cheap and discounted products. But the WD HDD never drop the price. Their sales seem good but not sold out except their 1TB. Today the sales is better than yesterday slightly better.
SOPA protestors had started to blackout their website on 18 Jan. The news of the Stop Online Privacy Act (SOPA) & Protect-IP Act (PIPA) had been hitting the internet since last year. The recent #SOPA which came in during October/November 2011 reflects the greatest hits to many internet corporation and users. It is appear to attempt the killing of online piracy and alternative media.
“Imagine a world without free knowledge.”
example: Wikipedia, Craigslist, Google, Razer, theoatmeal, etc…
Washingtonpost | sopa protests to shut down web sites
The Wall Street Journal | Wikipedia, Google Go Black to Protest SOPA
Huffingtonpost | Tech | Wikipedia Blackout Spreads Across Web
Google | End Piracy, Not Liberty
Halloween had just past. Google is having a small trick for you. Go to GOOGLE and type “do a barrel roll” and see what happens. Works on standard view version.
With so many nice interactive doodles and html5 interface on their homepage now or then. I love this the most as of now. Nice one, Google.
Youtube officially launch www.youtube.com.sg for Singapore market. To change your location, scroll to the bottom of Youtube website. Under “Location”, choose Singapore. OR you can type this > www.youtube.com.sg < at the address bar.
– Easily and quickly find videos most relevant to Singaporeans, including expanded content from local and global partners.
– A new online space for the national community and give Singaporean creators the opportunity to increase their exposure.
– Forged partnership agreements with top Singaporean media companies. And to easily distribute their content and grow their audience.
– YouTube has signed a licensing agreement with the Composers & Authors Society of Singapore Ltd (COMPASS) that will allow music artists to earn revenue on YouTube. Revenue is generated when advertisements are displayed against YouTube partner’s videos. Under this agreement, Singaporean authors will now receive payments from their associations when rights holders distribute them.
Asiaone | YouTube makes its official debut in Singapore
OS X Lion ( available this July US$29.99 )
- Mission Control – which unifies Expose and Spaces
- AirDrop (sort of a shared folder within a network)
- New Gestures
- Full Screen Apps
- New Mail Client
It will only be available in the Mac App Store as a 4GB download — which installs in place, no reboots for all of your authorized Macs.
iOS5 ( Ships in this Fall )
The following devices: iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, iPad 1 and 2, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation.
1. iMessage ( exclusively for iOS users. It works over either WiFi or 3G )
2. Notification Center
4. Twitter integration
5. Safari Reader
7. PC Free (OTA) – Version upgrade, iTunes sync, etc
Camera App -
1. Photo editing: crop, rotate, red-eye reduction, color enhance
2. Volume up button becomes shutter button
3. AF and AE Lock
5. Lock screen camera short-cut button
iCloud ( released concurrent with iOS 5 this fall)
— 9 cloud apps
- no advertising
- iTunes in Cloud
- Automatically uploads it, stores it, and pushes it to all your devices.
- Automatically backed up over WiFi
- Documents in the Cloud will effortlessly sync Pages, Numbers, and Keynote data between all of your iOS devices.
- Purchased iTunes songs will be available to all your devices with iCloud at no extra cost.
- Calendar, mail, and contact sync is free ( for up to 5GB )
- Photos (your last 1000 pix), iBooks, apps: free storage.
- Photo Stream in iCloud, photos across all your devices.
- It’s stored in the cloud for 30 day.
- RIP MobileMe
- iTunes Match, US$ 25/year. Scans your iTunes library library and populates your iTunes in the Cloud account with any of your previously bought and ripped music — in handy 256Kbps AAC, DRM-free files (as long as the titles already appear in the iTunes store).
—— iCloud developer beta will be available today!
————- My Comment/s:
Yeah we have iTunes on cloud but wait, there is no iTunes store for users in Singapore.
Now the questions:
> How secure is the iCloud ?
> Piracy in iCloud?
iOS5 – http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/06/apples-ios-5-all-the-details/
OS X Lion – http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/06/os-x-lion-all-the-details/
iCloud – http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/06/icloud-unveiled-at-wwdc/